Imagine if the tables had been reversed, if for millennia boys had been told from birth:
◦ How useless, unwanted, and inferior they were.
◦ That they were restricted to the house.
◦ That their only legitimate future was marriage, childcare, and house-work.
〰 ⚤ 〰
◦ That fewer resources would be devoted to them than to their sisters.
◦ That they were not entitled to an education, a trade, or a job.
◦ That they could not do art, music, writing, philosophy, science, or research; that they were not allowed to publish or to patent their work.
〰 ⚤ 〰
Privileged women could then hypocritically berate their disadvantaged brothers by taunting, “Where are your famous men? Where are all your great scientists, mathematicians, inventors, philosophers, writers, composers, and artists?”