Modern Slavery / Human trafficking involves the exploitation of human beings through forced prostitution, marriage and labor, and organ removal.
Stats on human trafficking
- There are more slaves in the world today than at any other time in human history!
- An estimated 20 – 40 million people were held in bondage in 2019, meaning there are more slaves in the world today than at any other time in human history.
- The number of slaves is growing by over 1 million per year.
- In the time you took to read this post, another human being was trafficked into slavery.
- Every 30 seconds another human being becomes a new victim of human trafficking.
- Over 70% of victims are female
- Over 50% of victims are children
- The world’s fastest-growing criminal industry is human trafficking.
- It generates greater than $150 billion per year in revenues.
- Over $99 billion was earned from sexual exploitation, primarily of females and children.
- OSCE studies show that sexual exploitation can yield an ROI ranging from 100% to 1,000% on the cost of the “asset”.
- In the West, the average annual profits generated by each female in forced sexual servitude is $100,000.
- One study calculated the profit generated by a Dutch trafficker was $295,786 in the 14 months that three women were sexually exploited.