Modern Slavery / Human trafficking involves the exploitation of human beings through forced prostitution, marriage and labor, and organ removal.
Stats on human trafficking
- There are more slaves in the world today than at any other time in human history!
- An estimated 20 – 40 million people were held in bondage in 2019, meaning there are more slaves in the world today than at any other time in human history.
- The number of slaves is growing by over 1 million per year.
- In the time you took to read this post, another human being was trafficked into slavery.
- Every 30 seconds another human being becomes a new victim of human trafficking.
- Over 70% of victims are female
- Over 50% of victims are children